Thursday, July 28, 2005

D-16: Hostages in Irak: A book

Some times ago, I went to my favorite bookshop in Geneva looking for the M. Leeming's book on Afghanistan. As I went out of the bookshop, I saw the book written by Christian Chesnot and Georges Malbrunot . They are two french journalists who were hold hostage during more than three months by the Islamic Army of Irak.

I did not find the Leeming's book, but I bought Chesnot-Malbrunot's one. That's strange. I am fighting against my friends and family to explain to them that the region of Afghanistan where I plan to go to is relatively safe. That the taliban are located in the south of the country. That the kidnapping are until now restricted to the Kabul region and in the south. And so on and so forth. But at the same time, I am reading the book of former hostages. I know why I am doing that. I read this book to know how they reacted to the different events which occurs during the kidnapping. What are the main difficulties and their defensive tactic to survive.

That's ambivalent! I am quite confident about the risks in Badakhshan, but at the same time, I need to know how former hostages reacted to their kidnapping!

That's weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

n