Monday, July 18, 2005

D-26: Afghan Badakhshan III

This weekend, there have been 2 interesting posts on the thorntree of LP.

The first one by Caryatid seems to indicate that the bridge between Afghanistan and Uzbekistan is open for non-NGO's worker. And then for "tourists". It could have allowed me to save 60 EUR from my 2 entries visa in Tajikistan. It is too late, but I haven't yet decided if I would try to cross the border at this point.

The second one by electricnomad. He said that the road between Ishkashim and Feizabad has been reopened. His informations indicate that we do not have to change cars on this road.

All good news!!!

The only point to be carefull with is the instability. And that's THE point. The secondary points like the roads and border crossing are now ok. I have now to pray for a more or less stable situation before the afghan elections of Sept 18th... C'est pas gagne!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

n