Wednesday, July 13, 2005

D-31: Roads in Afghan Badakhshan II

Ok, the informations are fluctuating. The last (but more reliable ?) news from the forum of LP comes from "electricnomad":

QUOTE:

I work up in Badakhshan. I made the trip from Kishem to Faizabad 3 days ago with no problems. And Afghan friends of mine say that the road through to Taloqan is open, with no need to change cars at all.

The road from Faizabad to Baharak and Jurm, however, has been trickier for the past month. In at least one place people have had to change cars because the bridge is out. Some days I hear about this problem, other days people don't mention it.

A friend of mine is driving to Eshkashem today and if he doesn't show up in Faizabad during the next day or two, I'll know that that road is open, too.

So yes, the floods have caused a lot of damage, especially to irrigation systems and roads in Badakhshan, but life goes on if you're ready to carry all your stuff past washed out roads and continue your trip in another car.

Having said all that, if the road is closed tomorrow, it wouldn't surprise me at all. The transportation situation here changes as fast as the weather.

Wait and See

But anyway. I think that I will not worry anymore about the different and contradictory informations I can hear here or there. I will just take my time, allow myself to take even more time than planned. If I can go through, beautiful. If not, I will go back to Tajikistan from Ishkashim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

n