Sunday, July 10, 2005

D-34: Trekking routes



I went through the very well made trekking page of the website pamirs.org to find some good but not too difficult trekking routes. Some would be just beautiful, like the Sarez lake from the South, but I haven't planned to take big equipments with me. I have then to restrict myself to easier routes. Two of them are of particular interest: The first one would be

Alichur - Bulunkul - Badchor

It starts at Alichur, on the Pamir Highway between Murghab and Khorog. From there, I will go to the West to Bulunkul and go further at the northern shore of the Yashil Kul. The map of Hauser indicates a possible "sightseeing" place after some kilometers. Afterwards, I will go on in the direction of the Gunt river to finish my trip in the village of Badchor. I will then have to join the Pamir Highway in the village of Shadzud, 22 km downhill. This route has a big advantage. It is almost flat. Almost no pass to cross. From Alichur to Badchor, pamirs.org propose 2 days: a good first trek in the region. The big disadvantage of it is that I will have to hitch from the middle of nowhere (Shadzud) to join Khorog at around 100 km...



The second route will be in the south of Khorog between the valleys of Shakh-dara and the Ishkashim district. (Panj valley or further Wakhan valley).
The easiest possibility would be to start from the village of Parshed, 10km south of Khorog and join Nishusp in the Panj valley. Pamirs.org proposes 2 days for this trek, even if the distance and the unevenness (1000 m) doesn't seem to be too important. But to sleep not far from the top would allow me to make some beautiful pictures in the early morning. Some other possibility would be to start from the Roshtkala, 100 km south east from Khorog. From there, there are many possibilies, like trekking west in the direction of Garm Chashma and south to the Wakhan valley trough Badomdara. (out of the map. ). The disadvantages of obvious: the pass are higher, the unevenness stronger than in Alichur, but the advantages are numerous: There is a daily UAZ (public transport) from Khorog to Roshtkala, the region should be just amazing and I will lead to Ishkashim, the goal of my trip in Tajikistan... (even if here, it is less sure that public transport would exist)

The maps presented here come from the interactive map of the University of Bern

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

n