Saturday, July 09, 2005

D-35: From Osh to Murghab

I think I was too optimistic. I only took a transit visa in Kirghizstan, which lasts only for 3 days. But the way from Bishkek to Osh takes at least 15 hours by raod. I have to go to the Osh's bazaar to get some somoni from my Uzbeks soms from last years, because I have been said, it is harder to change money in Murghab.

Then, I have to visit the Agha Khan foundation, to know if some trucks go to Murghab or to enquire for some bus, since David Jennings saw some bus connecting Osh to Murghab. The Russian army doesn't seems to be a solution anymore since they left Tajikistan. But this information still needs to be checked. And I can be sure that the trucks, or the bus are not leaving the following day!!! That's the so called Murphy's Law!

For all this good reasons and after the genial comment of a friend of mine, I decided to look for a flight from Bishkek to Osh. I looked at the beautiful website of the Manas Airport. Five flights are scheduled on sunday:

8.20am/ 8.45am / 9.20 am / 11.20am/ 5.50pm

Lonelyplanet pretends that the prize should be at around 40-45 $. I have now to find a way to book a flight... Here begins the fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

n