Friday, July 08, 2005

D-36: GBAO-Permit and Osh-Murghab road

I received today afternoon a very positive email from the head of the META program in Murghab. He responded to my question about the GBAO permit. Since I travel from Kirghizstan, I can't get my permit in Duschambe. And I don't want to pay 100 CHF to get it from a travel agency like greatgametravel. I wanted to know if it is possible to enter the GBAO region without the permit when we come from Osh. Here is his answer

Quote:

According our sources of information any foreigner travelling to
Murghab, GBAO via Osh may cross the Kirghiz-Tajik border in Sary Tash
without the GBAO permit. They can get it in Khorog, but they should tell
on the check point that they will get it in Khorog as soon as they will
arrive. In Murghab tourist has to register in OVIR in local police and
KGB.

It is not possible to get the permit in Murghab.

This answer confirms the stories which can be found on the net, like here or here.

That's good news!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

n