Saturday, September 17, 2005

The end is at the door...

It about 12 hours, my flight will leave Tashkent. At least if the Tupolev 154 can flight today.

I will remember a few things from this trip.

The first one will be for sure the truck trip between Osh and Murghab. From the loading of the truck to the arrival in Murghab, it lasted more that five days, but they were beautiful days. Actually, they were just usual days I spend with Kirghiz and Pamiri. We just weighted the tomatoes, loaded the stuff of the businesswomen on the truck, repaired the mechanical problems, waited for help when the truck slipped down. Usual days were everything is slow and senseless. I hadn't deep experience, but I spend almost a week where I shared the live of the locals: the harassment of the police, the bribes, the quality of the road, the age of the trucks, the solidarity and the tensions. I just lived with them.

the second thing I will keep from this trip is the deep hospitality of the Tajik, and in particular the Pamiri. As I arrived in a village like Batchor or a "pasture" like Sumantach, I was invited for a chai and very quickly, my backpacked was brought in the interior of the house, and it was obvious that I could sleep in their house. In Sumantash, it was obvious that the family was very poor. They had only Chai, bread and fish to eat. And fish when the son could catch some. As I was there, he could only catch three. But two were in my plates. I was embarrassed, but it was like that. The next morning, they accepted my gift, but I still had the feeling that I received more than they did.

The beauty of the women was particular in Tajikistan when we compare it when the almost absence of women in the street in Afghanistan. But from my few days there, I will remember the amazingly beautiful landscape and the return in some past. It really had the feeling, I did not live in the same time that in Tajikistan, even if the numbers of SUV was high. The pictures of those men with their blankets and the bazar of Feizabad brought me in some other times.

The last thing I will keep from my 5 weeks is the B & B Bahodir in Samarkand. It was the second time I came there, but it remained the same. Highly hospitable, this small heaven on earth was the perfect rest time after the Pamir and the Fan mountains. Cheap, comfortable and clean, it was the opportunity to meet other tourists, after almost 3 weeks of loneliness, to rest and to taste the offered watermelons and grapes.

That's the last post of my 2005's trip. What will come next? I have a few ideas...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apprécie ton voyage 2005 et savoure tous ces moments en les faisant partager avant de penser à tes voyages futurs qui nous font déjà froids dans le dos... N'oublie pas de partager quelques instants avec les tiens...ici aussi il y a des richesses extraordinaires peut-être plus banales à tes yeux !! On se réjouis de te revoir! Famille Formaz

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On se réjouiT de revoir;-)) Famille Formaz

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

n