Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Jours feneants a Samarkand


For all of you who haven't had the chance to see Samarkand, here are two pictures of the main sightseeing of the city. It is called the Registan and is formed by 3 madrassa. I will not make the history of these madrassa, nor explain the history of Timur (Tamerlan in french). Just enjoy the beauty of the building as I did. Yesterday and the day before, I didn't do many things. I just walked in the streets of the old, as well as the new city. Samarkand is a little bit squizophrenic, as Bukhara is. The old city is surrounded by the soviet city. But, strange thing, the new city of Samarkand is not ugly at all. It is formed by some parks, like to Gory Park at 1 km of the old city.




There is a lot of trees, which cook up a quiet atmosphere along the pedestrian alley which cover 1-2 km. There are a lot of small ice cream or soda shop at its sides. The quality of them can not be compared with the one of Mazar E Sharif, but it is always good to eat some ice cream in the shadow of the trees... At 5 pm, I did my tourist job. Using the special light of the evening, I took pictures and walked around the old buildings like the Registan or Bibi Khanoum.
And, last but not least, I found a barber and got ride of my beard. The new Tristan is born!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zut alors! moi qui me réjouissais de te voir avec une barbe au moins aussi longue que celle de Merlin! ;-)

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

n