Saturday, September 17, 2005

Tango in Tashkent

You couldn't imagine the happiness as I saw it. Tango in Tashkent!!!!! I jumped in the office and ask when it would take place. I imagined myself dancing with somebody I couldn't speak with, in a city totally foreign to the culture of tango. It would have been the end of my starvation, the begin of a new time, the time of the coming back.
But if I wanted to dance Tango in Tashkent, I would have to wait until Oct, 8th. And actually, it was not a milonga, but a theater whose name incorporate Tango. The advertisement showed two dancers.
All my dreams of Tango felt down. I bet the responsible of the theater to give my of the these posters. She refused, even after I told her, I was a tango dancer lost in Uzbekistan for a few days. No, It was impossible.
Sad, I went to the many restaurants of Tashkent. After the italian and the korean restaurant, I have planned to go today evening to the Jewish restaurant of Tashkent. Tashkent is like Dushambe, its only attractions are its restaurants. The korean restaurant was just so bad that I was ill during one night. I just come back from the italian one, full of expatriate clients. Its Bruschette were not really italian, but the moment of a bit, I had the feeling, I wasn't in Uzbekistan. Today evening, it will be a jewish evening before I go to the airport.
Tomorrow midday, I will be in Geneva. The end of my journey. Let's Tango!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your observations. Great photos too. I am just about to head for Tashkent and decided to check - at the whim of the moment - whether such an unlikely thing could be that there might be a possibility of dancing tango there. Apparently not. Well, at least it sounds like I can go to a milonga in Geneva; it looks like I will end up working there soon...

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

n